Donor Bill of Rights
Thanks to our donors, supporters and funders, University Settlement has been helping people all ages, newcomers and residents alike, build brighter futures for more than 110 years. We greatly value and appreciate our donors’ support and are honoured to earn their trust.
University Settlement respects your privacy and adheres to all legislative requirements to protect your personal information. We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists. We use your personal information to keep you informed of University Settlement activities, newsletters, updates and special events.
We adhere to the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Donor Bill of Rights in our relationships with our donors and in our fundraising practices. All University Settlement donors have the following rights:
- To be informed of University Settlement’s mission, of the way University Settlement intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on University Settlement’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to University Settlement’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about your donations are handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing University Settlement will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of University Settlement or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for your name to be deleted from mailing lists that University Settlement may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), all rights reserved. Reprinted with permission from the Association of Fundraising Professionals.